April 2 & 3, 2022 Audition Information
Character Breakdown for “Moon Over Buffalo”:
4 Men, 4 Women:
- George Hay – (Male, 50s) very dramatic, a slapstick type, over-the-top actor
- Charlotte Hay – (Female, 50s) She helps to run the acting troupe and plays all the
leads even those for which she is a bit too old.
- Ethel – (Female, 70s) Charlotte’s mother. Grumpy, trouble-maker, hard of hearing,
leading to comic misunderstandings. Should have huge stage presence and
strong comedic skills.
- Rosalind “Roz” Hay – (Female, 20-30 years old) George and Charlotte’s daughter,
used to be an actress and a member of their acting troupe, but she decided that
she wanted a real career, so she left – determined never to act again – or be like
- Eileen – (early 20s) is an aspiring actress, eager to please. She has a crush on
George and has been having a fling with him.
- Howard – (late 20s-early 30s) – a weatherman and Rosalind’s fiancé. He comes
across as a wimp, a little annoying, nervous, and very excitable.
- Paul – (late 20s-early 30s) is a member of the acting troupe, who used to be with
Rosalind and still loves her and wants her back; but he is an actor first and
foremost, so he wouldn’t leave the troupe to be with her.
- Richard – (50s) He is George and Charlotte’s attorney, but he is in love with
Charlotte – always trying to get her to leave George. He is wealthy and used to
getting what he wants, and he is both amused and perplexed by the Hay family.